Effective date: January 19, 2013
Welcome to Luncher ("Luncher," "we," "us" or "our"). Luncher provides a fast, fun, and slightly competitive way for you to share media through our content-sharing platform. Our Service is primarily designed to help you share information with other users and the public.
- Our Policy applies to all visitors, users, and others who access the Service ("Users").
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following types of information:
Information you provide us directly:
- Your username, password and e-mail address when you register for a Luncher account.
- Profile information that you provide for your user profile (e.g., first and last name, picture, location). This information allows us to help you or others be "found" on Luncher.
- User Content (e.g., photos, comments, locations, and other materials) that you post to the Service.
- Communications between you and Luncher. For example, we may send you Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). Note that you do not have the ability to opt out of Service-related e-mails.
- We use analytics tools (including third-party tools) to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Service, including the places you visit, how often you use the Service, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Service. We collect and use this analytics information with analytics information from other Users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual User.
Cookies and similar technologies:
Log file information:
- Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access (i.e., visit) a web page or app. It can also be provided when the content of the webpage or app is downloaded to your browser or device.
- When you use our Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may also collect similar information from emails sent to our Users which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service.
- When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our Service, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more "device identifiers." Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device's operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by Luncher.
- A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third party partner about how you browse and use the Service and may help us or others provide reports or personalized content and ads. Some features of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
- Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with User Content. For example, Metadata can describe how, when and by whom a piece of User Content was collected and how that content is formatted.
- Users can add or may have Metadata added to their User Content including a hashtag (e.g., to mark keywords when you post a photo), geotag (e.g., to mark your location to a photo), comments or other data. This makes your User Content more searchable by others and more interactive. If you geotag your photo or tag your photo using other's APIs then, your latitude and longitude will be stored with the photo and searchable (e.g., through a location or map feature).
- We may require you to publish a location, including the name of the establishment, along with the User Content you share. We may use and store information about your location to provide features of our Service and to improve the Service. We may also provide information locations frequented by Users, without personally identifiable information, to third parties.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- help you efficiently access your information after you sign in
- remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service;
- provide personalized content and information to you and others, which could include online ads or other forms of marketing
- provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service
- develop and test new products and features
- monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns
- diagnose or fix technology problems
- automatically update the Luncher application on your device
- Luncher or other Users may run contests, competitions, special offers or other events or activities ("Events") on the Service. If you do not want to participate in an Event, do not use the particular Metadata (e.g., hashtag) associated with that Event.
3. SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
Parties with whom we may share your information:
- We may share your information as well as information from tools like cookies, log files, and device identifiers and location data, with third-party organizations that help us provide the Service to you ("Service Providers"). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Service under reasonable confidentiality terms.
- We may also share certain information such as cookie data with third-party advertising partners. This information would allow third-party ad networks to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you.
- We use reasonable efforts to avoid providing personally identifiable information to third parties. We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information.
Parties with whom you may choose to share your User Content:
- Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Service, such as User Content, becomes available to the public. Once you have shared User Content or made it public, that User Content may be re-shared by others.
- Any User Content that you make public is searchable by other Users and subject to use under our Luncher API.
- If you remove information that you posted to the Service, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service, or if other Users or third parties using the Luncher API have copied or saved that information.
What happens in the event of a change of control:
Responding to legal requests and preventing harm:
4. HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Storage and Processing:
- Your information collected through the Service may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which Luncher or its Service Providers maintain facilities.
- Luncher or its Service Providers may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
- We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Service secure and take reasonable steps to confirm your identity before granting you access to your account. However, Luncher cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to Luncher or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
- You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your password and account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and Luncher, at all times. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes the social media services you connect to Luncher make to their services. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization.
Following termination or deactivation of your account, Luncher or its Service Providers may retain information (including your profile information) and User Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes. You acknowledge that information provided to or gathered by third parties during the period your account is active is unattainable by Luncher and Luncher is under no obligation to seek its return.
6. CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
Children under the age of 13 are not permitted to use the Service without parental consent. Luncher does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Service. The Service and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us.
7. OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
8. HOW TO CONTACT US